Sunday, April 17, 2011

Salads

My friend Trish has asked for some new salad ideas I have a couple of old favourites from when I cooked in Aged Care. I tend not to use set measurements a lot in recipes so I will take a stab at amounts here.

Grated Carrot and Cheese Salad
4 carrots peeled and grated
2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
1 cup Sultanas ( optional )
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix altogether add the salt and pepper if using
Place in fridge until needed.
This also makes a nice sandwich filling.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


This seems a strange salad but it is really not bad.
Grated Cucumber Salad.
2 Cucumbers washed peeled and grated
when grated pat dry with paper towel or I used to leave in a colander to drain.
1 cup sour cream or salad dressing to which you add 1 Tablespoon of Vinegar.
Mix altogether add salt and pepper to taste. Place in fridge.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Looking for gifts on-line





Egg and Lettuce Salad
ard boil 4-6 eggs and slice into rounds.
Place the amount of lettuce leaves to cover base and sides of your bowl or platter.
Now place your egg slices on your lettuce.
...A nice dressing drizzled over this is approx 1 cup Mayo I used to add a drop or two of yellow food colouring to this and spoon over,
A combination of nice colours and tasty




No comments:

Post a Comment